Our facility is available to rent for special events. In 2011 a renovation was completed at First Church. This resulted in many improvements
including access, seating, acoustics, audiovisual and lighting of the Sanctuary. The Sanctuary and Chapel can be entered from
Pineapple Street and Mira Mar Court. Both entrances have been renovated, creating an open view of our large ceramic-tiled narthex (lobby).
Please call the church office for more information (941-955-0935). The church office is open Monday - Friday 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
The below listed forms are used by the Open Doors Committee of the Trustees to review requests for use of church spaces and to complete a License and Indemnity Agreement.
- The 11,000 sq. ft. sanctuary (main floor and balcony) comfortably seats 780.
- The main floor features 3 wide aisles and a cross aisle for easy entry and exit.
- The sanctuary has state-of-the-art lighting, acoustics, and audiovisual capabilities; the ceiling, front and rear walls are designed to acoustician-developed specifications.
- A 9×12 projection screen is mounted on each side of the chancel (stage) in front of suspended projectors. The ceiling-mounted speakers have engineered delay from front to rear for clarity and fidelity of amplified sound wherever one is seated. A large sound booth at the front of the balcony contains lighting, sound and video control as well as control of the 36 stage lights which can blanket or locally light areas of the stage.
- The 980 sq. ft. chancel (stage) features a movable acoustic wall as a backdrop for a 3-tiered choir riser. The stage can be expanded to over 1,200 sq. ft. The new 3-division organ console can be rolled to one of 4 different stage locations. The concert grand piano is on spider casters for mobility. The pulpit, lectern, and altar can be rolled behind the stage acoustic wall. The stage also features ample outlets for audio and video feeds.
- The front 3 rows of seating are upholstered, movable chairs, allowing up to 30 feet of floor in front of the chancel (stage) if needed for orchestra or other performers.
- The entire main floor is surrounded by a hearing loop for the hearing impaired.
- A chair lift to the chancel (stage) is available for handicap accessibility.
Fellowship Hall, located in the Family Life Center, is a 3,600 sq. ft. room which can be set with 8 and 10 foot round tables for maximum seating of 164. For just seating, it can be set with upholstered chairs facing a stage. In this arrangement 200 can be comfortably seated. Audio-video equipment screens and projectors are also available in this hall. Three (3) classrooms for breakout sessions are adjacent to Fellowship Hall.
PRIVATE COURTYARD AND NARTHEX (LOBBY)
A 2,400 sq. ft. lighted, bricked and landscaped private courtyard is available for a variety of uses. The 960 sq. ft. narthex (lobby),
located between the sanctuary and chapel, is also available for gathering before and after events.
The 1,700 sq. ft. chapel provides intimate, comfortable seating for 125. This facility includes a piano, organ, video projection and sound-system equipment.
There are two columbaria - one in the Narthex and one in the Courtyard Prayer Garden. A columbarium is a respectful place for placing the ashes of loved ones above ground. From earliest times people have been concerned about their final resting place, especially that it be near the gathering place of their families so that each may he held in lasting, loving remembrance. First United Methodist Church has established a Narthex Columbarium and a Courtyard Prayer Garden Columbarium to serve members of First Church and their family members. The courtyard has a prayer garden, a place for memorials, and a columbarium. Whether you choose the Courtyard Prayer Garden or the Narthex location, you will be within the confines of First Church. Both columbaria have a seating area for comfortable visits and reflections. Please contact the church office for information regarding the purchase of a niche in either columbarium. The niches in either the Narthex or the Courtyard Prayer Garden are $1800 for a single niche or $2000 for a companion niche. These prices include the engraving and either one urn for a single niche or two urns for a companion niche.
Located in the southeast corner of the Family Life Center in Room 108, the self-service library is open on Sundays and during the week.